Monday Q&A No. 6
Happy Monday! Kicking off the week with another Q&A post- see previous Q&A posts in this series here, here, here, here, and here. I am loving answering all your questions in these posts, so please feel free to send more questions via DM and email… or comment below!
What’s ahead this week…
After a whirlwind few weeks being in and out of town, I’m happy to be home for more than 72 hours and catching up on lots of things… as well as planning for the weeks ahead. I am headed back out of town this weekend to celebrate Easter with my family and am very much looking forward to celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with those I love most!
1. What does a typical work day look like for you? Every single day truly looks different, especially since I am able to work remotely and travel with my job! When I am at home, my day goes a little something like this: I usually wake up between 7-8am, read my Bible/devotional/book/write in my prayer journal for about an hour, shower, and eat breakfast before getting started on computer work. Computer work looks different everyday and is a mix between managing back end things and publishing content across my blog and social channels- this consists of answering emails, editing pictures, writing blog posts, publishing social posts, selecting product from brands, product/brand research, etc. I usually take a break from the computer for lunch and try to get out for a minute or two. I’ll then either return to more computer work or spend the afternoon shooting pictures, running errands (returns), or taking calls with brands/partners/etc. At the end of the day, I love when I get to make time for Pure Barre but tbh that hasn’t been happening all that much recently. I’ve been working until dinnertime and then sometimes I’ll be back on my computer after dinner to answer any more emails from that afternoon and prepare the blog post for the following day. I am a total night owl and think I get my “best work” done at night, so it is not all that rare for me to stay up until 2am writing, dreaming, and doing more things for the blog! I am just so incredibly thankful for a job that hardly feels like “work,” so I don’t mind the crazy hours that it brings about sometimes. I also love that everyday brings something new, and I am constantly learning… things rarely get boring!
2. What are some of your favorite devotional books? For the past couple years I have loved starting my day with New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp. Jesus Calling by Sarah Young is also a popular favorite. For more faith based books… I think I may have mentioned this before, but 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp will forever be a favorite! I also love The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson and just finished reading Glory Days by Max Lucado this morning - highly recommend!
3. Mother’s Day gift ideas? I cannot believe how quickly May is coming and how soon Mother’s Day will be here! I will be sharing more soon but a few ideas off the top of my head: a starter set of Weezie Towels, a necklace from Harvest Jewels, adorable PJ set from Lake Pajamas, or a new bag from Neely and Chloe would all make fabbbb gifts for the mommas in your life!
4. I have been looking for a round straw bag. Do you have any favorites? Linking my picks at all price points below!
5. Do you have Easter dress suggestions? Yes! There are so many pretty, colorful, floral dresses in stores right now. Linking 11 dresses perfect for Easter below!